TumblMaGog

Check out our gifs of cute hair metal kittens RIGHT HERE!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Love/Hate Live in Long Beach 1994

Ever since my old lady moved us back to the east coast I've been hating this shitty New York weather. I like to think back on those times Tee Top and I had pouring Jim Beam into our Slurpees on the way to see Jizzy Pearl and the boyz tear it up. One of the best shows they ever put on was an outdoor gig back in '94. I could've sworn it was in Temecula but apparently it was Long Beach? I do remember it was a chili cook off.









In any case, I was going through some tough shit back then, namely having my Washburn 32 fret jacked by some prick down in Huntington Beach. If anyone has a lead on one of these babies I'd love to get my hands on one again. It's really a pain in the ass trying to play some of my old leads up on the neck pickup of my RG, so I could really use those extra 8 frets.

In any case, Jizzy and Skid really helped me get over the hump on that Washburn getting lifted, even though "Don't Be Afraid" contains some pretty bleak lyrics, especially in the third verse.

Horseflies
Busy
Nibble on your flesh in the sun
Toilet paper wrapped around you till you're a mummy
Wrapped in shit paper teacher
Whatever happened to eternity
Empty ketchup bottles keep you company


Truth be told, the only thing I was "afraid" of at this gig was the dude with the shades in the white polo shirt standing behind Jon E. Love throughout the show. He looked like he was having a "Bad Day"!

Seriously, drop me a line on here if you know where I can grab one of those 32 fret Washburns!

No comments:

Post a Comment