TumblMaGog

Check out our gifs of cute hair metal kittens RIGHT HERE!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

If It Ain't Baroque, It Might Be 2Cellos

Did you know that amplifiers can be used to amplify sound?  My Sea-Doo definitely knows this.  Same with my C-Sled.

Oh yeah...this guy knew about it too.


I only bring this up, because modern orchestral music seems to be behind the 8 ball on this.  I get that Jim Marshall wasn't around in the early 1600's to help Giovanni Gabrieli fix what has historically been referred to as being Baroque (see what I did there? HA!).  This has been one of the main reasons I can't stand most forms of orchestral music.  There's just too many people up on the stage to fit any pyrotechnics or jumbo trons.  I guess its possible that some chick has shown her boobs in the middle of the Four Seasons, but I would never know because I've always been stuck in the nosebleeds without having a jumbo tron to watch the action on.  Besides, I'm usually asleep before the first intermission anyway since everybody is just sitting there on the stage.  If I wanted to see someone just sit on the stage, I would have just pulled up 3/4 of Janetshareroxygina Unplugged.


Now, I've never been the biggest fan of instrumental music (except for Jan Hammer, of course), and I definitely celebrated seeing that Yngwie Malmsteen had finally swallowed his ego and switched to playing bass.


(Since it ain't Baroque, I guess he's fixed.)

All this said,  you KNOW I was stoked to see that these dudes had finally figured it out.  Could the lights at the end of the modern orchestral tunnel be a pair of sweet tits (presumably on a hot can)?


I got turned on to these dudes when I went down to Waxi Maxi's on Tuesday to see what hot new releases there were (sure as shit not going to Strawberries again after the compact disc debacle).  I was first intrigued by their name: "2Cellos."  Could it be that orchestral music had finally made the leap into the 1980's and benched the dead weight!?

Looking at the track listing, it appears that they have finally caught up with the times.  With just two cellos, they would definitely have enough room on stage at Guitar Center for...I don't know...maybe Steve Vai!?


(F a bunch of Violins, I got me a sick Orange!)

While its not quite pyrotechnics and jumbo trons, it is a pretty kick ass light show with some hot chicks, and that's definitely a step in the right direction.

Suck on that Giovanni Gabrieli!!

2 comments:

  1. I like the part where the young people want to get Steve Vai's autograph. Also, do you remember where we posted the link to that Duster ad? That shit was funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZGwGFpjFxI
      I don't know why you're asking since you pretty much get a Duster ad every time you drive past my front yard.

      Delete